Post Date: July 18, 2018
Location: Redwood City, CA
We need a high energy, high output person to join our team. The Regional Account Manager is a sales role responsible for strategically identifying, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities. This person will spend their time prospecting for new potential opportunities, nurturing sales leads, and managing existing key accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the fast-changing Communications Equipment industry, and deal with real issues impacting companies in telecommunications, networking and data center IT.
This position will be based in Redwood City, CA. Success in this role may provide significant growth and career progression. Dell’Oro Group is committed not only to recruiting top talent, but also to retain great people. The compensation package includes competitive base salary, quarterly bonus based on achieving monthly objectives, and industry-leading benefits.
- Follow up on leads to identify potential sales opportunities
- Manage and expand the renewal agreements of existing subscriptions
- Research and build prospect accounts (add contacts, send emails, and make cold calls)
- Understand and align research services to the prospect’s needs, goals, and objectives
- Get to know our existing users at key accounts, contact them once a quarter to ensure we are providing the right support and they are aware of our new coverage
- Consistently meet or exceed established quotas
- Self motivated – you are a “go-getter”, minor hurdles do not prevent you from achieving your objectives
- Results oriented – you have a proven record of setting, achieving, and exceeding sales goals
- Strong communication skills – you are a good listener, clearly articulate your thoughts, and are very persuasive. Comfortable meeting new people
- Organized – you easily prioritize to maximize your efforts
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business
- Computer skills – you are proficient with Microsoft Office, and using a Contact Management System
- Minimum of 5 years work experience required – we want you to have experience in matching prospect needs with business services. Preferably you have hi-tech experience.
Dell’Oro Group is the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networking and data center IT industries. Our clients include companies such as Arista, Broadcom, Cisco, Dell, Extreme, Fujitsu, Juniper, HPE, Intel, Nokia, and many others. We have been in business for over 20 years. Our industry analyses and forecasts are quoted extensively in the financial and business press, corporate press releases, and annual reports. Our culture is characterized by open communication and focused objectives. We work hard and we weave in fun activities as well as office shut-downs to re-energize. We are here to deliver a quality service to the communications equipment industry and we have done this every quarter since 1995. Our name in the industry stands for quality; therefore, you should have no trouble opening new doors for us. Being on our “front line”, you and your work will be highly visible.
Dell’Oro Group does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability or because of any other criteria under controlling law.