The Carrier IP Telephony market continues to be highly dynamic, as service providers transition their legacy voice networks to VoIP to provide new services, many of which will be based on IMS equipment.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How will IMS, SBC and VAS equipment affect the market for fixed and mobile core equipment?
- What happens to capital spending as Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services emerge?
- How is vendor consolidation impacting the market?
- How fast is the market for wireless voice core equipment transitioning away from circuit-based MSCs, media gateways and softswitches?
- How are high-growth services like SIP Trunking and IP Centrex/Outsourced Telephony affecting the equipment market, and how are these impacted by wireless network activity?
Carrier IP Telephony Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Carrier IP Telephony quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following market segments:
- Softswitch (SS–Wireless and Wireline)
- Media Gateway (MGW–Wireless and Wireline)
- Session Border Controller (SBC)
- Voice Application Server (VAS–Wireless and Wireline)
- IMS Core (Call Session Control Function–CSCF; Home Subscriber Server–HSS)
- Legacy Mobile Switching Center (MSC–Wireless)
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, licenses, channels, sessions and / or units shipped, and average selling prices.
We also track:
- The SS, MGW, SBC, and Wireline VAS by region–North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
- Progress of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) by tracking capital spending of IMS CSCF and Wireless VAS
- Worldwide Voice Core Market Revenue Split by Wireline (Softswitch, Media Gateway, Session Border Controller and Wireline Voice Application Server) and Wireless (Softswitch, Media Gateway and Legacy MSC)
- Wireline Softswitch license shipments by application: residential voice (VoBB), business voice (IP Centrex), IP business trunks (SIP Trunks), and POTS & TI/EI access
- Wireless Softswitch and Media Gateway shipments by application: GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, and LTE
Dell’Oro Group publishes Carrier IP Telephony 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 2002 to the present. The reports provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, shipments, average selling price, and regional forecasts for various technologies:
- Media Gateway
- Session Border Controller
- Voice Application Server
- Legacy Mobile Switching Center
- IMS CSCF / HSS (VoLTE)
We also forecast:
- Core IMS components (CSCF and HSS) for both wireline and wireless markets based on subscriber license shipments
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.