Increasing bandwidth requirements, data center consolidation, and virtualization, are driving demand for 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet controllers and adapters. Further fueling competition and innovation in the 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet Adapters market is the potential of a unified fabric that is bringing together vendors from the High Performance Computing, Storage Area Networking, and Local Area Networking arenas.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How rapidly is 10 Gbps being set down on the server motherboard?
- How is Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) progressing?
- Which system and component vendors are gaining market share?
- How quickly are data centers migrating server connections to 10 Gbps Ethernet and 40 Gbps Ethernet?
- What is the adoption of the various fiber and copper technologies such as 10 Gbps Base-T?
Controller & Adapter Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Controller & Adapter quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following markets:
- 1 Gbps Ethernet Controller & Adapter
- 10 Gbps Ethernet Controller & Adapter
- 40 Gbps Ethernet Controller & Adapter
The 10 Gbps Ethernet Network Controller & Adapter segments that we report separately include:
- LAN on Motherboard (LOM)
- Non-Server/ PC
- Stand-alone (SFP + Fiber, SFP+ Direct Attached Copper and 10G Base-T each reported separately)
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, units shipped, ports shipped, and average selling prices.
We also track on a vendor and market basis:
- 10 Gbps Controllers by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) units
- 10 Gbps Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Controllers and Adapters
- 10 Gbps Stand-alone Adapters – Single Port, Dual Port and Quad Port Adapters each reported separately
Controller & Adapter 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Controller & Adapter 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 2006 to present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port shipment, and average selling price forecasts for the following:
- 10 Gbps Ethernet Controllers
- 10 Gbps Ethernet Adapters (Mezzanine and Stand-alone*)
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
*For stand-alone adapters, fiber and copper are reported separately.
In addition, the forecasts include a table covering server shipments.
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.