The Storage Area Network (SAN) market is evolving to keep pace with emerging storage trends like all-flash arrays and software-defined storage. In addition, SAN technology is playing an important role as businesses consolidate infrastructure and solidify business continuity plans.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How quickly are enterprises migrating their Fibre Channel SANs to 32 Gbps?
- What is the penetration of Fibre Channel in small- and medium-sized enterprises?
- What factors are driving the adoption of SAN connectivity alternatives?
- What are the emerging trends in the Fibre Channel adapter market?
- Does the increased traction of cloud storage present a threat or opportunity for Fibre Channel?
SAN Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes SAN quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following markets:
- Fibre Channel Switch
- Fibre Channel Adapter
The Fibre Channel Switch equipment we report separately includes:
- Modular configuration
- Fixed configuration(Purpose Built Switch and Blade Switch reported separately)
The Fibre Channel Adapter equipment we report separately includes:
- Stand-alone configuration
- Mezzanine configuration
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, ports shipped, and average selling prices. We report revenue, ports shipped, and average selling prices by various speeds (e.g., <4 Gbps, 8 Gbps, 16 Gbps, and ≥32 Gbps ).
SAN 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes SAN 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the Fibre Channel SAN market with historical data from 1998 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port shipment, and average selling price forecasts by various speeds (e.g., 1 Gbps, 2 Gbps, 4 Gbps, 8 Gbps, 16 Gbps, and ≥32 Gbps) for the following technologies:
- Fibre Channel Switches (modular and fixed*reported separately)
- Fibre Channel Adapters (stand-alone and mezzanine reported separately)
* For fixed switches, purpose-built and blade switches are reported separately.
Click here to contact us for more information about the SAN research program and purchasing option.