The SAN market is expanding in new directions to incorporate device, policy, and data management layers. In addition, SAN technology is playing an important role as businesses consolidate infrastructure and solidify business continuity plans.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How quickly are enterprises migrating their Fibre Channel SAN to 16 Gbps?
- What is the penetration of Fibre Channel SAN in small- and medium-sized enterprises?
- How rapidly are users migrating towards Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) networks?
- What are the adoption rates of SAN connectivity alternatives, such as Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI?
- What are the emerging trends and drivers in the Fibre Channel adapter market?
- Does the increased traction of cloud storage present a threat or opportunity for Fibre Channel?
- Which equipment vendors lead the markets and who are the emerging players?
SAN Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes SAN quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following markets:
- Fibre Channel Switch
- Fibre Channel Adapter
In addition, the reports include tables covering FCoE Switches and Controller & Adapters.
The Fibre Channel Switch and Fibre Channel over Ethernet Switch equipment we report separately includes:
- Modular configuration
- Fixed configuration*
* Purpose Built Switch and Blade Switch are reported separately.
The Fibre Channel Adapter equipment we report separately includes:
- Stand-alone configuration
- Mezzanine configuration
The Fibre Channel over Ethernet Controller & Adapter equipment we report separately includes:
- Stand-alone Adapter configuration
- Mezzanine Adapter configuration
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, ports shipped, and average selling prices. We report revenue, ports shipped, and average selling prices by various speeds (e.g., 4 Gbps, 8 Gbps, and ≥16 Gbps).
SAN 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes SAN 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the Fibre Channel SAN market with historical data from 1998 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port shipment, and average selling price forecasts by various speeds (e.g., 1 Gbps, 2 Gbps, 4 Gbps, 8 Gbps and ≥16 Gbps) for the following technologies:
- Fibre Channel Switches (modular and fixed* reported separately)
- Fibre Channel Adapters (stand-alone and mezzanine reported separately)
* For fixed switches, purpose-built and blade switches are reported separately.
In addition, the forecasts include tables covering FCoE Switches and Controller & Adapters.
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.