Casey Quillin joined Dell’Oro Group in 2011 and is responsible for the Storage Area Network market research programs. While at the firm, Mr. Quillin has significantly expanded Data Center Appliance research including the build out of Network Security Appliances by threat type and deployment location.
Mr. Quillin brings over 18 years of experience as an executive manager and entrepreneur in the technology sector. Prior to joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Quillin held positions with a number of startups including Vice President of Engineering at Snapfish, the world’s largest online photo-sharing site, later acquired by HP. He was also CTO of Oasys Networks, an application service provider in the financial services market; Co-founder and CEO of Logic by Design, an interactive media agency; and Managing Partner of Cornice Networks, a network integration and IT consulting firm in San Francisco.
Mr. Quillin is frequently cited in publications such as Fierce Telecom, TechTarget, and HeraldOnline. He often gives presentations at industry conferences such as the Ethernet Technology Summit, NetEvents, and the Open Server Summit.
Mr. Quillin holds a B.A. in Government from California State University, Sacramento. He also earned an M.S. in Finance from the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University, and an M.B.A. from St. Mary’s College.
In 2012, Mr. Quillin predicted that virtual appliance revenue would drive significant growth in the ADC market. In 2013, he anticipated that Cloud providers would increasingly develop and deploy open source and “homegrown” virtual appliances. Mr. Quillin was among a handful of analysts in the industry to predict the limited revenue impact FCoE would have on the broader SAN market.
Market research is only as good as the quality of the underlying data and analysis expended in ensuring its integrity.
- Network Security Appliance Market Grew Nine Percent Year-Over-Year in 2Q 2018, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Virtual Network Security Appliance Revenue Grows 11 Percent Year-Over-Year in 3Q17, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Network Security Appliance Market Expected to Grow Strongly Through 2020, According to Dell’Oro Group
In the News
- Broadcom Emulex flashes Gen 7 Fibre Channel adapter for NVMe
- Fibre Channel Industry Association Announces Industry’s Fastest Storage-Networking Speed: 64GFC and Gen 7 Fibre Channel
- Industry’s Fastest Storage Networking Speed Announced by Fibre Channel Industry Association ─ 64GFC and Gen 7 Fibre Channel