Dave Bolan joined Dell’Oro Group in 2017 and is currently responsible for the Mobile Core Network (MCN) and Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) market research. While at the firm, Mr. Bolan has expanded the MCN research to ensure the program is evolving to address NFV, 5G core architectures, IMS core, and edge computing.. He previously covered the Carrier IP Telephony, and Wireless Packet Core markets for Dell’Oro Group.
Prior to joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Bolan had over 35 years of experience in sales and marketing roles at leading wireless and telecommunications companies. He was instrumental in helping several organizations develop new markets for a number of cutting-edge wireless communications products, including a number of industry firsts in handheld test and measurement instruments such as an LTE signal analyzer and 43 GHz spectrum analyzer. Other industry firsts include the first 23 GHz and 39 GHz microwave radios for backhaul of cellular networks.
Mr. Bolan served as the Senior Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager of Anritsu’s handheld RF test and measurement business for installation and maintenance of 3G and 4G networks. Prior to Anritsu, he was involved in several start-ups, including PulsewaveRF, MiCOM Labs, CoWave Networks and Pico Communications. Previously, Mr. Bolan served as the Vice President of Marketing at Repeater Technologies, the Vice President of OEM Sales and Marketing at Spectrian and Vice President of Sales for Harris Farinon and Microwave Networks providing microwave backhaul for the cellular industry. Mr. Bolan started his career spending 12 years with General Electric.
Mr. Bolan has published articles in industry media such as RCR Wireless. His research and analysis has been widely cited in leading trade and business publications including CBC, Data Economy, eWeek, Fierce Wireless, Fierce Telecom, OF Week, SDxCentral, Telecom Asia, Telecom Lead, ZDNet.
Mr. Bolan has appeared as an invited speaker at the CTIA Wireless conference, NetEvents Global Summit, SDN NFV World Congress, and has received several awards for his work in the RF and Microwave industries.
Mr. Bolan holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the Fenn School of Engineering, Cleveland State University and an M.B.A. with a concentration in Marketing from Xavier University, Cincinnati.
I have been involved with the cellular industry since day one. It was exciting then and it is exciting now to see how wireless communications has changed and will continue to change our lives.
- China Outstrips Rest of World for Mobile Core Networks Growth in 2Q 2022, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Public Cloud 5G Workloads to Grow at 88 percent CAGR, $4.6 Billion over Five Years, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Industry Headwinds to Decrease Mobile Core Network Market Growth, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Powering Pervasive Mobility with MEC
- Many factors will determine the size of the MEC market (Analyst Angle)
- Analyst Angle – Where to next on the road to 5G Standalone?
- Predictions 2022: Mobile Core Network Market
- 5-Year Forecast: Mobile Core Network Market Revenues CAGR Projected at 3 Percent from 2020 to 2025
- 5-Year Forecast: Mobile Core Network Market Revenues to Approach $60B from 2021 and 2025
- 5G Core Summit 2022–MEC Market Opportunity for MNOs, is it too Big to be Ignored?
- Challenges Moving the 5G Core to the Public Cloud
- At the heart of the matter: The 5G Core
- Telco Cloud Forum
- 5G Blitz Week: Summer Edition | Enabling New Services and Service Innovation with a 5G Cloud-Native Core
- Telecom TV: 5G Evolution Summit
In the News
- How to transition from non-standalone 5G to standalone 5G
- Verizon’s big advantage teeters on the edge of MEC
- Amazon Erodes to the Core of Telecommunications Carriers, “Out of Common Sense” beyond Rakuten mobile