Dave Bolan joined Dell’Oro Group in 2017 and is currently responsible for the Mobile Core Network market research, as well as our Advanced Research report for Multi-Access Edge Computing market research programs. He previously covered the Carrier IP Telephony, and Wireless Packet Core markets for Dell’Oro Group.
Prior to joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Bolan had over 35 years of experience in sales and marketing roles at leading wireless and telecommunications companies. He was instrumental in helping several organizations develop new markets for a number of cutting-edge wireless communications products, including a number of industry firsts in handheld test and measurement instruments such as an LTE signal analyzer and 43 GHz spectrum analyzer. Other industry firsts include the first 23 GHz and 39 GHz microwave radios for backhaul of cellular networks.
Mr. Bolan served as the Senior Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager of Anritsu’s handheld RF test and measurement business for installation and maintenance of 3G and 4G networks. Prior to Anritsu, he was involved in several start-ups, including PulsewaveRF, MiCOM Labs, CoWave Networks and Pico Communications. Previously, Mr. Bolan served as the Vice President of Marketing at Repeater Technologies, the Vice President of OEM Sales and Marketing at Spectrian and Vice President of Sales for Harris Farinon and Microwave Networks providing microwave backhaul for the cellular industry. Mr. Bolan started his career spending 12 years with General Electric.
Mr. Bolan has published articles in industry media such as RCR Wireless. His research and analysis has been widely cited in leading trade and business publications including CBC, Data Economy, eWeek, Fierce Wireless, Fierce Telecom, OF Week, SDxCentral, Telecom Asia, Telecom Lead, ZDNet.
Mr. Bolan has appeared as an invited speaker at the CTIA Wireless conference, NetEvents Global Summit, SDN NFV World Congress, and has received several awards for his work in the RF and Microwave industries.
Mr. Bolan holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the Fenn School of Engineering, Cleveland State University and an M.B.A. with a concentration in Marketing from Xavier University, Cincinnati.
I have been involved with the cellular industry since day one. It was exciting then and it is exciting now to see how wireless communications has changed and will continue to change our lives.
- Mobile Core Networks Market for 2020 Hits Historical High, According to Dell’Oro Group
- MEC Investments over $18 B Projected over Next Five Years, According to Dell’Oro Group
- 5G Core Fuels Growth in Mobile Core Networks, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Powering Pervasive Mobility with MEC
- Many factors will determine the size of the MEC market (Analyst Angle)
- Analyst Angle – Where to next on the road to 5G Standalone?
- 5-Year Forecast: Mobile Core Network Market Revenues to Approach $60B from 2021 and 2025
- The Total MEC Market to Grow at a 169% CAGR from 2019 to 2024
- Worldwide Mobile Core Network Market—July 2020 Five-Year Forecast Report
- 3Q20 Mobile Core Network Market Update
- 5G MEC Market Overview and Forecast
- 2Q20 Mobile Core Network Market Key Takeaways by Dave Bolan