The top fifty carriers in the world collectively generated combined annual revenue and investments of well over $1.4 T this past year. Our Telecom Capex bi-annual reports (previously called Carrier Economics bi-annual reports) track the revenue and capital expenditure (Capex) trends for these fifty-plus carriers. We estimate that these carriers account for roughly 80% of worldwide Capex and revenue.
We believe carrier revenue and Capex trends can to some degree explain telecom equipment manufacturer revenue trends. The highly granular information provided in this report will enable carriers, system and component vendors, equity researchers, and regulatory bodies to assess growth opportunities and to observe performance practices in the telecom sector.
The report reveals the answers to key business questions such as:
- What is the relationship between Capex and telecom equipment manufacturer revenue trends?
- What is the relationship between Telecom Capex and revenue?
- Which regions are investing most heavily in Capex and what are the technologies driving this investment?
- What is the performance on a revenue basis of key global carriers?
- How have the top five carriers investment levels changed over time?
- How fast are revenues for wireless versus wireline investments changing?
- What will drive revenue and Capex investments?
To answer these and other important questions, Dell’Oro Group delivers bi-annual reports revealing Telecom Capex data.