Tam Dell’Oro is the Founder and CEO of Dell’Oro Group, a research and consulting firm that specializes in business planning and strategic competitive analysis. Ms. Dell’Oro oversees all of Dell’Oro Group’s research programs, and she is the lead analyst for the Wireless LAN research program.
The firm’s coverage started in the networking and telecommunications industries and more recently broadened to include servers and storage systems with detailed analysis on data center Cloud Providers. The data center is where IT is converging with networking. She developed Dell’Oro Group’s research methodologies and customer-focused processes to deliver the highest quality data and insights into the trends supporting the data. Under her leadership, Dell’Oro Group is now considered the “gold standard” for market research in these industries.
Before launching the firm in April 1995, Ms. Dell’Oro was the industry analyst for Local Area Networks at Dataquest. She joined Dataquest from SynOptics (which was acquired by Bay Networks and subsequently became part of Nortel), where she spent four years in Business Planning. At SynOptics, she developed a competitive analysis program to evaluate the strategic performance of key companies in the networking industry. Prior to SynOptics, Ms. Dell’Oro administered technical contracts at a nuclear generating station with Bechtel Construction Corporation, as well as military aerospace contracts with the General Electric Company.
Ms. Dell’Oro’s research and analysis has been quoted in trade and business publications, including Barron’s, Bloomberg, BusinessWeek, Forbes, InformationWeek, Network World, San Francisco Chronicle and The Wall Street Journal. She speaks at investor technology conferences, industry forums, and corporations around the world.
Ms. Dell’Oro received a B.S. degree in International Business from Santa Clara University and an M.B.A. in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago.
I often sort out key assumptions on my forecast when I am out riding my mountain bike, zooming along the single track at Russian Ridge overlooking the Pacific ocean.
- Supply Constraints Plague Wireless LAN Market in 1Q22, Likely Worsen in 2Q22, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Supply Constraints “A Pin in the Balloon” for Wi-Fi 6E, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Wi-Fi 6 Orders “Through the Roof” but Wireless LAN Market was “Out of Stock” in 3Q 2021, According to Dell’Oro Group
- A deeper look into enterprise wireless LAN Wi-Fi 6 shortages (Analyst Angle)
- Analyst Angle: Enterprise Wireless Networks Become A Collage of Technologies
- 5-Year Forecast: WLAN Market, In the Right Place at the Right Time
- Huawei Global Analysts Summit 2021 Takeaways—CloudCampus Network
- Predictions 2021–Wireless LAN Market
- Enterprise WLAN Trends – COVID-19’s Long-Term Impact
- Enterprise WLAN Trends – COVID-19’s Near-Term Reshuffle