Tam Dell’Oro is the Founder and CEO of Dell’Oro Group, a research and consulting firm that specializes in business planning and strategic competitive analysis. Ms. Dell’Oro is the lead analyst on the Wireless LAN research program since January 2017. She also oversees all of Dell’Oro Group’s research programs.
The firm’s coverage started in the networking and telecommunications industries and more recently broadened to include servers and storage systems with detailed analysis on data center Cloud Providers. The data center is where IT is converging with networking. She developed Dell’Oro Group’s research methodologies and customer-focused processes to deliver the highest quality data and insights into the trends supporting the data. Under her leadership, Dell’Oro Group is now considered the “gold standard” for market research in these industries.
Before launching the firm in April 1995, Ms. Dell’Oro was the industry analyst for Local Area Networks at Dataquest. She joined Dataquest from SynOptics (which was acquired by Bay Networks and subsequently became part of Nortel), where she spent four years in Business Planning. At SynOptics, she developed a competitive analysis program to evaluate the strategic performance of key companies in the networking industry. Prior to SynOptics, Ms. Dell’Oro administered technical contracts at a nuclear generating station with Bechtel Construction Corporation, as well as military aerospace contracts with the General Electric Company.
Ms. Dell’Oro’s research and analysis has been quoted in trade and business publications, including Barron’s, Bloomberg, BusinessWeek, Forbes, InformationWeek, Network World, San Francisco Chronicle and The Wall Street Journal. She speaks at investor technology conferences, industry forums, and corporations around the world.
Ms. Dell’Oro received a B.S. degree in International Business from Santa Clara University and an M.B.A. in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago.
I often sort out key assumptions on my forecast when I am out riding my mountain bike, zooming along the single track at Russian Ridge overlooking the Pacific ocean.
- 3Q 2020 Wireless LAN Market Sales Rose Y/Y as Government Spend Offset Business Decline, According to Dell’Oro Group
- 2Q 2020 Wireless LAN Market Propped Up by Education and Government Spending, According to Dell’Oro Group
- 1Q 2020 Wireless LAN Market Softens, Cloud-Managed Sales Surge, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Predictions 2021–Wireless LAN Market
- Wi-Fi 6E: The Sooner, The Better!
- Wi-Fi 6E to lift 2021 Wireless LAN market
- Wireless LAN Market Overview and Forecast (2Q 2020)
- Enterprise WLAN Trends – COVID-19’s Long-Term Impact
- Enterprise WLAN Trends – COVID-19’s Near-Term Reshuffle