Increasing bandwidth requirements, data center consolidation, and virtualization are driving demand for 10, 25, 40, 50, and 100 Gbps Ethernet controllers and adapters.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How quickly are data centers migrating server connections to 10, 25, 40, 50, 100, and 200 Gbps Ethernet?
- How is server migration to high speeds different between enterprise data centers, and Cloud data centers?
- How is server migration to high speeds different between stand-alone (rack and tower), blade, and high-density servers?
- What is the adoption of the various fiber and copper technologies such as 10G Base-T?
- Which system and component vendors are gaining market share?
- What and where is the current adoption of Smart NICs, and which vendors will be participating in this market?
Table of Contents
Ethernet Controller & Adapter Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Ethernet Controller & Adapter quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following markets:
- 1/10/25/40/50/100/200 Gbps Ethernet Controller & Adapter
- Smart NIC Ethernet Controller & Adapter
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet — Enabled
The 1/10/25/40/50/100/200 Gbps Ethernet Network Controller & Adapter segments we report separately include:
- LAN on Motherboard (LOM)
- Daughter Adapters
- Fiber/Copper Split
- SFP+ Direct Attached Copper
The Smart NIC Ethernet Network Controller & Adapter segments we report separately include:
- Controller: LAN on Motherboard (LOM)
- Adapter: Stand-alone
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, units shipped, ports shipped, and average selling prices.
Ethernet Controller & Adapter 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Ethernet Controller & Adapter 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 2006 to present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port shipment, and average selling price forecasts for the following:
- Worldwide Ethernet Controller and Adapter Market by Speed and Platform Type
- 1 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter
- 10 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter — Total and Fiber / Copper Split
- 25 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter — Total and Fiber / Copper Split
- 40 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter — Total and Fiber / Copper Split
- 50 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter — Total and Fiber / Copper Split
- 100 Gbps Ethernet Controller and Adapter — Total and Fiber / Copper Split
- Standard Nics vs Smart NIC Ethernet Controller & Adapter
Click here to contact us for more information about the Server Network Connectivity – Controller and Adapter research program or about purchasing option.