Dell’Oro Group’s Telecom Server report provides a long-term forecast for the telecom server market opportunity, which is projected to increase to $17 B in 2026. Examples of traditional telecom server use cases include servers and infrastructure deployed in the mobile core and centralized clouds, or for OSS/BSS applications. This report also covers the emerging opportunity in the network edge for multi-access edge computing (MEC), virtual RAN, and enterprise edge. We also assess the opportunity for the major cloud service providers to expand to the telecom edge market in the near future.
The outline of the report is as follows:
- Total Server Market Forecast
- Telecom Server Market Forecast
- Technology Segments
- Customer Segments
- Regions (North America, Europe, Middle-East, Africa, China, Asia Pacific (excluding China), Caribbean and Latin America)
- Mobile Core and Edge Network Segments
- Mobile Core Network Evolution
- Edge Server Opportunity
- Further Studies
- Forecast Methodologies and Assumptions
With this report, you will be able to answer critical business questions including:
- How much of the telecom servers will be deployed at the core versus the edge in the future?
- What is the enterprise edge server market opportunity and what are some key use cases?
- What type of telecom or network-related workloads will be virtualized to run on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers?
- What type of service providers will invest in the edge server market, the major Cloud service providers or the traditional telecom operators?
- What will be the prevalent wired and wireless network technologies connecting the edge infrastructure?
To answer these and other important questions, Dell’Oro Group delivers five-year forecast reports on the Telecom server market.