Mauricio Sanchez joined Dell’Oro Group in 2020. With Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Sanchez leads research into the intersection of enterprise networking and security that, during the pandemic, has accelerated to mobile- and cloud-first secure networking solutions, such as SASE/SD-WAN/SSE, Cloud Workload Security/Cloud Native Application Protection Platforms [CNAPP], and Distributed Cloud Networking/Multi-Cloud Networking Software [MNCS]. Additionally, Mr. Sanchez helps shape the coverage of next-generation enterprise networking architectures and services models.
Before joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Sanchez brought with him over two decades of invaluable experience as an executive manager in networking and security technologies, products, and solutions. His expertise spans across cloud, campus, and mobile architectures. Prior to his role at Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Sanchez served at Intel Corporation as the Product Line Director of Server Ethernet products, with a specific focus on Ethernet controllers, NICs, and SmartNICs designed for data center servers. Preceding his tenure at Intel Corporation, he spent an impressive seventeen years with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), where he held various key roles in networking and security. In these roles, he was instrumental in defining and driving the security technology strategy for all HPE Networking solutions, covering aspects such as product security, access control, and SDN-based real-time threat management. Throughout his career, Mr. Sanchez has been an unwavering advocate for industry standards, evidenced by his role as Co-Chair of the RADIUS Extensions Working Group at the IETF and his participation on the board of directors at the Trusted Computing Group (TCG).
Mr. Sanchez’s research and analysis have been cited in leading trade and business publications such as CDOTrends, Channel Futures, Cyber Security Dive, Datamation, FierceWireless, Light Reading, Lightwave Online, Mobile Europe, NetworkWorld, Network Computing, RCR Wireless, SDxCentral, TechTarget, and VanillaPlus. Mr. Sanchez frequently serves as an expert judge for MEF Excellent Awards and has been invited to speak at esteemed industry conferences, including MEF Global NaaS Event, NetEvents Global Summit, NetEvents Cyber Security, SDxCentral, and Silverlinings Executive Summit.
Mr. Sanchez holds a distinguished educational background, including a BS degree in Computer Engineering, an MSc in Electrical Engineering, and a minor in German from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Additionally, he boasts thirteen granted patents, a testament to his innovative contributions in the field.
“My drive is to decipher the intersection between technology and business and help our clients understand the path forward.”
- Virtual Firewall Revenue Up 51 Percent While High-End Firewall Revenue Fell Off a Cliff in 2Q 2023, According to Dell’Oro Group
- SASE Market Sizzles with 38 Percent Revenue Growth in 2Q 2023 and Topped $2 Billion for the First Time, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Mobile- and Cloud-First Enterprise to Fuel $58 B Distributed Cloud Networking Market, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Microsoft Gets Serious about the SSE Market
- 3 Reasons Why the Glass Was Half Full and Half Empty at RSA Conference 2023
- Security and SASE Market—A Look into 2023
- Enterprise Networking Alphabet Soup: Converging Security & Networking for Next-Gen Success
- The Starting Point for Telco Cloud
- What’s next for SD-WAN, SASE, and network security in 2023?
- Is Your Web Security Built for the Cloud?
- International Media Round-Table SD-WAN / SASE Managed Services
- SDXCentral: Security in the Cloud-First Era