The Service Provider Router & Switch market is evolving with new bandwidth usage and service delivery scenarios that are reshaping network infrastructures. Telecom service providers and cloud operators rely on IP/MPLS and Ethernet-based networks for their services and operations, and equipment manufacturers are developing carrier-class routers and switches that enable a broader range of services and applications, support capacity scalability and higher data rates. The role of Routers and aggregation switches in service provider infrastructures is critically important and manufacturers are racing to include innovative hardware and software features into their products.
The Enterprise Router market is being transformed by the changing wide area network (WAN) traffic patterns driven by the adoption of cloud services. The evolution of the WAN architecture requires new capabilities in the routers used as gateways from the branch office to data centers and the cloud. The functionality of the traditional branch office router is shifting from hardware to software-based technologies.
The Service Provider Router & Switch report tracks the products used for both Service Provider and Aggregation Switch markets.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- Which equipment vendors lead the service provider and high-end enterprise router markets, and what are their critical differentiators?
- How and when will mobile operators upgrade their IP routers to support 5G technologies and services?
- Where and why do Cloud operators deploy routers in their cloud computing infrastructures?
- Are 400 Gbps technologies the answer to managing Internet traffic growth?
- Are disaggregated hardware and software solutions gaining share in router markets?
Table of Contents
Service Provider Router & Switch Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Service Provider Router & Switch quarterly reports with in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information by customer and technology segments:
The technology segments we report separately are:
- Core Router
- Edge Router
- Aggregation Switch
- Enterprise High-End Router
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, units, and ports shipped. We also report by a variety of port types, for example:
- Ethernet (100 Mbps through 400 Gbps) and TDM
We also track:
- The Service Provider Router & Switch market by region – North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific), APAC excluding China, and CALA (Caribbean and Latin America)
Service Provider Router & Switch 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Service Provider Router & Switch 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 1995 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port/unit shipment, and average selling price forecasts for various speeds and technologies:
- Service Provider market revenue forecasts with Core, Edge, and Aggregation Switch segments
- Enterprise Router market revenue forecasts with High End Router segments
- Service Provider and Enterprise market forecasts by region
- Port detail for Ethernet (100 Mbps through 400 Gbps) and TDM
- Mobile Backhaul forecast for cell site, Edge Router, and Aggregation Switch devices
- Telecommunications and Cable, and Cloud service provider market forecasts
- Disaggregated Router forecast for SP Core Router, SP Edger Router, and Cell Site Gateway
Click here to contact us for more information about the Service Provider Router & Switch research program and purchasing option.