The Carrier Ethernet market is growing rapidly as carriers move toward IP and packet-based networks. As Ethernet is fast becoming the protocol of choice for carrier networks, Ethernet routers and switches are increasingly being deployed in the access and aggregation areas of carrier networks to enable service providers to more economically offer high-bandwidth applications such as IPTV and videoconferencing.
As the opportunity for Ethernet routers and switches deployments in carrier networks increases, vendors are attempting to meet the carrier requirements by either adding carrier-grade features or Ethernet technologies to existing product lines or building new products solely targeting this market. The Carrier Ethernet report tracks market for these products.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, equipment vendors, component manufacturers, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- What advantages do Ethernet-specific routers have over multi-service routers?
- Which equipment vendors lead the markets and who are the emerging players?
- Which services are driving demand for Carrier Ethernet Routers and Switches?
Carrier Ethernet Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Carrier Ethernet quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share revenue information on the following markets:
- Carrier Ethernet Routers
- Carrier Ethernet Switches
We also track:
- Carrier Ethernet Router and Switch segments by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and rest of world
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.