As the use of bandwidth-hungry applications and services increases, the Ethernet Switch market continues to remain very robust. As new networks require higher security and additional features, equipment manufacturers have the opportunity to deliver faster, more intelligent switches.
Our research and analysis on the overall Ethernet Switch market provides a birds-eye view on the macro trends. To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component and equipment manufacturers, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- Which is more important in driving the market: need for faster connections or demand for additional services?
- How is the migration towards 10GE for server access affecting 10GE Top-of-Rack and Blade switch vendors?
- How is 40 Gbps Ethernet shift in vendor strategy affecting the Ethernet Switch market?
- Are current market leaders gaining or losing momentum?
Ethernet Switch — Layer 2+3 Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Ethernet Switch quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following market segments:
- Modular Layer 2+3 Ethernet Switches
- Fixed Layer 2+3 Ethernet Switches
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, ports shipped, and average selling prices. We report revenue, ports shipped and average selling prices by various port speeds (e.g., 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps, 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps etc.) for Layer 2+3 Ethernet Switches. We have added White Box Switching to our Quarterly Reports which includes port shipment and revenue data on a quarterly basis from 1Q08 to the present.
We also track on a vendor and market basis:
- The Ethernet Switch market by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific excluding China, China, and Rest of World
- Managed and Unmanaged Fixed Ethernet Switches
- 1000 Mbps, 10 Gbps, and 40 Gbps fiber versus copper shipments
- 10 Gbps copper port shipments by SFP+ Direct Attach, 10G Base-T, KR+ CX4
- 40 Gbps copper port shipments by QSFP to 4 SFP+ Splitter Ports, QSFP Direct Attach Copper
- 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, and 100 Gbps Fixed Ethernet Switch segmented by Purpose Built, Blade, and Uplinks
- 100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps Power-over-Ethernet total ports (fixed and modular by speed)
- Smart/Web Managed total port shipments
Ethernet Switch — Layer 2+3 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Ethernet Switch 5-year forecast reports offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 1991 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port shipments, and average selling price forecasts for various technologies:
- Layer 2+3 Ethernet Switches*
- Legacy Technologies (history only)
* Fixed and modular products reported separately
We have enhanced our Forecasts to include physical white box switching in our reporting of Unmanaged segmentation and the following sub segments:
- Unmanaged 10 GE, 40 GE, and 100 GE
- Unmanaged–Purpose-Built Switch
- Unmanaged–Blade Switch
- Unmanaged–Uplinks on Lower Speed Switches.
We also forecast:
- Port speeds: 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps, 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, and 100 Gbps
- 10 Gbps Fixed Ethernet Switch segmented by Purpose Built, Blade, and Uplinks
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.