Mobile data traffic has doubled every year since the smartphone market started accelerating in 2008. Equipment suppliers continue to push the technology envelope to ensure service providers can manage the exponential data growth and improve speed/coverage/capacity/quality of their networks. The constantly changing and increasingly demanding end user expectations provide opportunities for the equipment vendors to differentiate their solutions while new entrants and service provider consolidation continue to pressure equipment prices downward.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this new data driven market, component manufacturer, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions needs to answer critical business questions including:
- What vendors are best equipped to handle the migration to 5G?
- What is the status of the public access small cell market?
- How is the Mobile RAN market performing and what trends impact the expected growth rates?
- What is IoT’s impact on the RAN?
- When will indoor Enterprise small cells cross the chasm?
Mobile Radio Access Network Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Mobile Radio Access Network quarterly reports containing in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information on the following markets:
- Base Transceiver Station (BTS) / Node B (Macro and Small Cells)
- Base Station Controller (BSC) / Radio Network Controllers (RNC)
The technologies we report separately include:
- LTE / LTE TDD / LTE FDD
- Small Cell
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, unit/transceiver/RF carriers shipped, and average selling prices. We report revenues, unit/transceiver shipments, and average selling prices by a variety of form factors (e.g., Pico, Micro, Macro, Small Cell for BTS).
We also track:
- The Mobile RAN market by region – North America, EMEA, Europe only, Middle East & Africa only, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
- Vendor market share by region and technology segment by region – North America, EMEA, Europe only, Middle East & Africa only, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
Mobile Radio Access Network 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Mobile Radio Access Network 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 2000 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, unit/transceiver/RF carrier shipment, average selling price, and regional forecasts for various technologies:
- LTE/ LTE TDD / LTE FDD
- TDMA (history only)
- BTS + BSC
- Macro and Small Cell BTS
The report also includes a forecast by Baseband Architecture separately reporting Centralized RAN, Cloud RAN, Distributed RAN, and Integrated RAN.
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.