Wireless communication is an ever-developing field, and the future holds many possibilities. However, the Wireless LAN market is faced with a number of issues, from ensuring data security to maintaining interoperability for Ethernet-like functionality and to scaling to service provider-sized networks.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- How fast is the market adopting 802.11ac?
- Which equipment vendors are the leaders in Outdoor Mesh Nodes equipment?
- What will be the impact on the stand-alone SOHO market as wireless home networking evolves from a shared connection to a content distribution platform?
- Who are the market leaders in North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific? Why are they strong?
- What are the trends with Service Provider WiFi?
Wireless LAN Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Wireless LAN quarterly reports with in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information by the following device segments:
- Outdoor Mesh Nodes
- External Client Devices (historical market-level data only)
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, units shipped, and average selling prices. We report revenues, units, and average selling prices by a variety of wireless standards (i.e., 802.11g, 802.11a/g, 802.11n & 802.11ac).
We also track:
- The Wireless LAN market by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and rest of world
- Vendor market share for each customer segment by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and rest of world
- Service Provider WiFi, consisting of a fraction of Outdoor and Enterprise devices, shipments by vendor
Wireless LAN 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Wireless LAN 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 2000 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, unit shipment, and average selling price forecasts for various wireless standards (i.e., 802.11g, 802.11a/g, 802.11n & 802.11ac) for the following customer segments :
- Service Provider
- External Client Devices (historical data only)
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.