With Dell’Oro Group’s extensive coverage of the telecom and networking markets we are able to identify important trends requiring additional analysis. The Advanced Research reports supplement our quarterly market share and 5-year forecasts reports with additional research and insight into these important trends.
- Data Center Disruptors
- Ethernet Switch Deployment Location
- Mobile Backhaul
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Small Cell
Data Center Disruptors (Nov 2013)
In November 2013 Dell’Oro Group publishes the first edition of the Advanced Research Report: Data Center Disruptors. The Report examines the important disruptive elements and their effects on the Ethernet Switch market in the data center, including SDN, Cloud, Virtualization, and the impact of White Box Switching. The Report also reveals vendor placement in the data center Ethernet Switch market.
- Data Center Disruptors Report Reveals SDN Market Growth Trajectory of More than Six-Fold Increase Through 2017
Ethernet Switch Deployment Location (April 2014)
In April 2014 Dell’Oro Group published the third edition of the Advanced Research Report: Ethernet Switch Deployment Location. There has been enormous change in the type of deployment driving the Ethernet Switch market; this report quantifies the four largest customer deployment location types including market share for 2011, 2012, & 2013 and market 5-year forecast of the following segments:
- Data Center
- Small and Medium Business (SMB)
- Carrier Ethernet Services
- Future Ethernet Switch Market Success Contingent On Increased Vendor Product Specialization and Partnering
The report includes tables showing manufacturers’ revenue, ports and average selling prices for these four deployment locations and market forecast by speed: 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, and 100 Gbps.
Mobile Backhaul (Jan 2014)
In January 2014, Dell’Oro Group published the Advanced Research Report: Mobile Backhaul. This report offers a complete overview of the market, trends and 5-year forecasts, including tables covering revenue, units/backhaul links, and average selling price forecasts for:
- Mobile Backhaul Transport
- Mobile Backhaul Routers & Switches
We also forecast:
- The market by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and rest of world (Transport and Switches & Routers regions reported separately)
- Mobility subscribers by technology – GSM/GPRS/EDGE, TDMA, CDMA, WCDMA. LTE, WiMAX, PDC, iDEN, and Analog
- Mobility subscribers by technology and region
- Cell sites by region
Network Functions Virtualization (April 2014)
In April 2014 Dell’Oro Group published the first edition of the Advanced Research Report: Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). The Report assesses the NFV market over the next five years as it relates to telecom service providers and equipment vendors. The report includes a revenue forecast for NFV in selected technology segments and discusses the technology, business, and financial implications of this burgeoning technology.
- Network Functions Virtualization, Has Great Promise and Many Unanswered Questions
Small Cell (Jan 2014)
In January 2014, Dell’Oro Group published the Advanced Research Report: Small Cell. This report provides a comprehensive overview of the total small cell market as it pertains to public access networks. The report includes 5-year forecast tables of the following segments:
- Small Cell – Total
- Small Cell – RAN – Total
- Small Cell – RAN – WCDMA
- Small Cell – RAN – LTE
- Small Cell – Backhaul
- Small Cell – Service Provider WiFi
- Non-Residential LTE Small Cell Radio Shipments to Approach 400 K by 2018
Our Small Cell report offers a thorough assessment of the small cell market opportunity taking into account the mobile RAN (licensed spectrum), backhaul (LOS, NLOS microwave and fiber/copper), and SP WiFi markets. Each is quantitatively estimated in terms of manufacturers’ revenue, units, and average selling prices.
Purchase of one of the above Dell’Oro Group Advanced Research Reports includes:
- Softcopy of the report delivered via email
- 30 minutes of analyst support delivered within 30 days of purchase
To purchase please contact us.