Shin Umeda maintains a broad view of Telecommunications and Networking Infrastructure at Dell’Oro Group. He has built our coverage and researched many of the technologies, and he is currently responsible for our Routers and Carrier Ethernet market research, as well as our Advanced Research reports on Data Center Interconnect, Software Define Wide Area Networks (SD-WAN). He previously covered the Optical Transport, Wireless Packet Core, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and Mobile Backhaul markets for Dell’Oro Group.
Mr. Umeda joined Dell’Oro Group in 2000, bringing extensive experience in financial and operations planning and analysis. Prior to joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Umeda held financial analyst and management positions at a number of networking and technology companies, including Nortel Networks, Bay Networks, SynOptics Communications, and Amdahl Corporation.
Mr. Umeda’s research and analysis has been widely cited in leading trade and business publications including Bloomberg, Businessweek, Channel Partners, Network World, SDX Central, The Economist, The New York Times, TheStreet.com, and The Wall Street Journal.
Mr. Umeda has appeared as an invited speaker at industry conferences such as Carrier Network Virtualization, NetEvents Global Summit, Metro Ethernet Forum, NFV World Congress, and SDN NFV World Congress. He has presented at investor conferences, customer seminars, and sales meetings around the world.
Mr. Umeda has a B.A. degree in Business from San Jose State University and an M.B.A. in Finance from Golden Gate University.
As a research analyst, I take pride in leveraging my experience in networking technologies, financial analysis, and business planning. I believe that connecting the dots across these areas is critical to generating the highest quality research reports possible.
- Service Provider Router and Switch Market Surpassed Pre-pandemic Levels in 2021, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Pent-up Demand Fueled SD-WAN Market to a Record Level in 2021, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Telecom and Cloud Operators to Invest $76 Billion on IP Infrastructure from 2022 through 2026, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Predictions 2022: Service Provider Router Market
- 5-Year Forecast: Service Provider Router Market Growth Fueled by 400 Gbps and 5G Technologies
- Predictions 2021—Service Provider Router Market