Enterprises realize that legacy networks and security architectures are inadequate and cannot provide the necessary security and performance in a user and application environment that has become highly distributed, interactive, and mobile across the Internet.
As a result, enterprises are thinking differently about networking and security. Instead of considering them as separate toolsets to be deployed once and infrequently changed, the problem and solution space is conceptualized along a continuum in the emerging view. The vendor community has responded with a new architecture called secure access service edge (SASE) that merges SD-WAN networking and SWG network security into a cloud-based secure connectivity platform.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions, including:
- What technologies are SASE technologies replacing? Which ones does is it compliment?
- How fast are enterprises adopting SASE?
- What are the motivations for service providers to offer SASE services, and will SASE cannibalize other offerings?
- Which traditional vendors are dipping their toes into SASE, and which are diving headlong?
- What role will adjunct service revenue play for vendors?
- How large is the SASE market, and what will be catalysts for and inhibitors to growth?
- Which vendors lead the market, and why?
- Do SASE and SD-WAN technologies replace or complement enterprise branch networking products such as access routers and firewalls?
To answer these and other important questions, Dell’Oro Group delivers both quarterly reports and 5-year forecasts on the SASE and SD-WAN markets.
SASE & SD-WAN Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes SASE and SD-WAN quarterly reports containing current, in-depth market-level and detailed market share information on the following product segments:
- Access Router
We also track:
- Total market by region—North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Caribbean and Latin America)
- Vendor market share by region—North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Caribbean and Latin America)
SASE & SD-WAN 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes the SASE and SD-WAN 5-year forecasts offering a complete industry overview with tables covering the same segments and metrics captured in our quarterly reports. In addition, the forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends by including historical data as far back as 1995 and include tables covering revenue, port/unit shipment, and average selling prices forecasts for access routers.