The enterprise network security ecosystem is quickly evolving as businesses shift to the cloud, increase hybrid work, and focus on digital experience, which is exposing new and challenging security risks.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions, including:
- Where is the market growing? How quickly is the market transitioning from physical or virtual appliances to cloud-delivered SaaS-based security?
- How has the pandemic altered network security architecture and purchasing patterns?
- Will the $10 B+ firewall market fade, or will it continue its nearly thirty-year march of consistent growth?
- How is cloud-delivered network security in the form of security service edge (SSE) solutions reshaping the market? What is the market adoption of its four primary functions (cloud access security brokers (CASB), firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS), secure web gateway (SWG), and zero-trust network access (ZTNA)?
- Why have web applications firewalls (WAF) experienced more vigorous growth than traditional firewalls?
- What impact will cloud service providers have on the ecosystem?
- Which vendors lead the market, and why?
Dell’Oro Group delivers quarterly reports and 5-year forecasts on the Network Security market to answer these and other essential questions.
Table of Contents
Network Security Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Network Security quarterly reports containing current, in-depth market-level and detailed market share information on the following product segments:
- Email Security Gateways
- Firewalls (High End, Midrange, Low End)
- Security Service Edge
- Secure Web Gateway appliances
- Web Application Firewalls
- Application Delivery Controllers
The reports include tables showing manufacturers’ revenue across three form factors (physical appliances, virtual appliances, SaaS) and for select segments, units/licenses, and average selling prices.
We also track:
- Total market by region—North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Caribbean and Latin America)
- Vendor market share by region—North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Caribbean and Latin America)
Network Security 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes the Network Security 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the industry with tables covering the same segments and metrics captured in our quarterly reports. In addition, the forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends by including historical data as far back as 1998 and for four legacy markets (WAN optimization, SSL/VPN, Content Security, and IDS/IPS).
Click here to contact us for more information about the Network Security research program or about purchasing options.