Juniper, Huawei, Fortinet Report Large Rise in Private Sector Sales
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 16, 2021 According to a recently published report by Dell’Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT industries, worldwide Enterprise Wireless LAN revenue surged 23 percent year-over-year (Y/Y) due to continuing government spending, a broadening economic recovery, and rising equipment prices.
“For three sequential quarters now sales to the Hospitality and Retail verticals have been steadily rising off the 2Q20 lows,” said Matthias Machowinski, Senior Research Director at Dell’Oro Group. “These two verticals, in particular, are more reflective of private funding rather than verticals such as primary and secondary (K-12) education, which receives significant levels of public funding,” added Machowinski.
Additional highlights from the Wireless LAN 1Q21 Quarterly Report:
- Average selling prices for access points rose in 1Q21, when they typically fall, this was due to:
- A mix shift to higher-end, higher-priced access points optimized for high-density connectivity and high bandwidth, required by post-pandemic office environments with more building sensors, more video conferencing, and users requiring new applications such as location services for contact tracing and way-finding.
- Rising component and transportation expenses.
- The Wireless LAN recovery began in North America and APAC, and in 1Q21 expanded to EMEA and CALA, the only regions to decline in 2020.
- Wi-Fi 6 revenue nearly tripled Y/Y, accounting for over half of access point revenue.
The Dell’Oro Group Wireless LAN Quarterly Report offers complete, in-depth coverage of the Enterprise Outdoor and Indoor markets, Wireless LAN Controllers with tables containing manufacturers’ revenue, average selling prices, and unit shipments by the following wireless standards: 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6 and 6E [6 GHz]), 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) Wave 1 vs. Wave 2, 802.11n, and historic IEEE 802.11 standards. The Enterprise market is portrayed by Cloud vs. Premises Managed, as well as by ten Vertical markets. To purchase these reports, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dell’Oro Group is a market research firm that specializes in strategic competitive analysis in the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT markets. Our firm provides in-depth quantitative data and qualitative analysis to facilitate critical, fact-based business decisions. For more information, contact Dell’Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.delloro.com.