Some of us at Dell’Oro Group attended the Huawei annual conference last week in Shenzhen, China. Over 500 analysts and media attended this annual conference. Since the company is privately-held, there are no earnings calls made, so the media and analysts alike are given information and this can be distributed publicly. We thought it would be interesting to share some of the company’s high-level messages:
- Huawei reiterated its plans to grow 10% annually for the next three years, and highlighted that it plans to hit $10 B in its Enterprise group in the next 4-5 years (it was just over $3B in 2014).
- In its Service Provider business, the company expects to grow in the next several years, and then expects that business unit to be ‘steady’ in the years thereafter.
- The company also discussed plans to expand its systems integration efforts and wants to be the prime contractor on many of its Service Provider deals in the future.
- The company plans a public cloud service launch for the Chinese market in July; this is intended to be used mainly by enterprises.
- The company plans to help service providers outside the China market build public clouds instead of making a Huawei cloud in non-China markets.