The Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch market is evolving with new bandwidth usage and service delivery scenarios that are reshaping network infrastructures. As service providers and enterprises increasingly rely on IP/MPLS networks for their services and operations, equipment manufacturers are developing routers and carrier Ethernet switches that enable a broader range of services and applications, scale in capacity, and support higher data rates. The role of routers and carrier Ethernet switches in service provider and enterprise networks is growing in importance and manufacturers are racing to include innovative hardware and software features into their products. The Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch report track the market for these products.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- Which equipment vendors lead the market?
- How are mobile backhaul, residential broadband, and data center interconnect requirements affecting the demand for service provider routers?
- How do service provider networks handle the rapid growth of Internet traffic?
- What is the mix of deployment between core routers, edge routers, and carrier Ethernet switches, and why?
- What are the features and services driving enterprise router demand?
Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch quarterly reports with in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information by customer and technology segments:
The customer segments we report separately are:
- Enterprise (High End Router, Access Router)
- Service Provider (Core Router, Edge Router, Carrier Ethernet Switch)
The technology segments we report separately are:
- High End Router
- Access Router (Midrange, Low End)
- Carrier Ethernet Switch
We also track:
- The Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch market by region – North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Router & Carrier Ethernet Switch 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 1995 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port/unit shipment, and average selling price forecasts for various speeds and technologies:
- T1/E1 through OC-768/STM-256
- Mobile Backhaul router and carrier Ethernet switch devices by geography
In addition, the forecasts include tables covering router & carrier Ethernet switch revenues, and cell site devices
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.