The Routers market is evolving with new bandwidth usage and service delivery scenarios that are reshaping network infrastructures. As service providers and enterprises increasingly rely on Internet Protocol networks for their services and operations, equipment manufacturers are developing routers that enable a broader range of services, scale in capacity, and support higher data rates. The role of routers in service provider and enterprise networks is growing in importance and manufacturers are racing to include innovative hardware and software features into their products. The Routers reports track the market for these products.
To take advantage of the opportunities in this market, component manufacturers, equipment vendors, service providers, and financial institutions need to answer critical business questions including:
- Which equipment vendors lead the market?
- How are mobile backhaul and residential broadband requirements affecting the demand for service provider routers?
- How do service provider networks handle the rapid growth of Internet traffic?
- What is the mix of deployment between core and edge routers, and why?
- What are the features and services driving enterprise router demand?
Routers Quarterly Reports
Dell’Oro Group publishes Routers quarterly reports with in-depth market-level and detailed vendor market share information by customer and technology segments:
The customer segments we report separately are:
- Enterprise (High End, Access)
- Service Provider (Core, Edge)
The technology segments we report separately are:
- High End
- Access (Midrange, Low End)
We also track:
- The Routers market by region – North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and rest of world
Routers 5-Year Forecasts
Dell’Oro Group publishes Routers 5-year forecasts offering a complete overview of the market with historical data from 1995 to the present. The forecasts provide a comprehensive overview of market trends and include tables covering revenue, port/unit shipment, and average selling price forecasts for various speeds and technologies:
- T1/E1 through OC-192/STM-64
- ATM vs. POS vs. Ethernet
In addition, the forecasts include tables covering router revenues from enterprise and service provider customers.
To learn more about purchasing options, please click here.