Jeff Heynen joined Dell’Oro Group in 2018, and is responsible for the Broadband Access and Home Networking market research program. While at the firm, Mr. Heynen has expanded the Broadband Access and Home Networking area which encompass cable, fiber, copper, and emerging wireless broadband technologies and trends.
Prior to joining Dell’Oro Group, Mr. Heynen spent over 12 years in broadband and video analysis. Most recently, he was with S&P Global Market Intelligence as Consulting and Research Director responsible for leading its technology research and consulting practice, covering broadband equipment, connected devices, Internet of Things, OTT and video software, cloud computing, mobile infrastructure, and data centers. Prior to S&P Global Market Intelligence, Jeff spent 10 years with Infonetics Research and IHS Markit as a Research Director, focused on broadband access and video. He also initiated the Subscriber Management, OSS, and BSS coverage areas.
Mr. Heynen’s research and analysis have been cited in leading trade and business publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Barron’s, Investor’s Business Daily, and the Los Angeles Times. He has also appeared as an invited speaker at industry conferences, including Broadband World Forum, CES, FoE Japan, FTTH Conference, and the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Mr. Heynen has a BA degree in International Studies from Whittier College and an MA in German and European Studies from Georgetown University.
Mr. Heynen was the first industry analyst to accurately forecast cable’s transition to distributed access architectures. His research anticipated the early deployment of remote PHY architectures followed by a more mixed market of both remote PHY and remote MACPHY architectures.
Broadband and home networking technologies are constantly changing. Giving my clients an objective, informed perspective on how those changes will impact their business is what drives me each day.
- 3Q 2020 Broadband Access Equipment Spending Remains Strong, up 1 Percent Y/Y, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Total Broadband Access Equipment Revenue Rebounds from Anemic Q1, Led By Strong Investments in PON Infrastructure, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Broadband Access Equipment Spending to Drop 7% in 2020
- Industry Voices—Heynen: Mediacom’s 10G smart home shows future speeds aren’t so far away
- Industry Voices — Heynen: Mixed messages in 1Q20 broadband equipment
- Cable gears up for DAA and Virtualization
- Predictions 2021– Broadband Access and Home Networking Market
- China’s Role in the Semiconductor Market Expanding
- Cable’s Fixed-Mobile Convergence Future
- 3Q20 Broadband Access and Home Networking Market Update
- The Telcos’ Tipping Point: 10G Fiber and Software-Defined Access
- SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 Wrap-up by Jeff Heynen