On Tuesday, June 26, I will participate in an Ethernet Alliance webinar, Introducing IEEE 802.3bt– Power Over Ethernet , hosted by Dell’Oro Group and Ethernet Alliance.
More and more devices, beyond Wi-Fi access points and IP desk phones, are leveraging Power over Ethernet (PoE) for low voltage power. The PoE application space is poised to explode to include other Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as security cameras, LED lighting, medical devices, badge scanners, Network Attached Storage, etc… The requirements of these new IoT devices, as well as the change in the features supported by traditional PoE devices (Wi-Fi access points and IP desk phones), are dictating a change in the PoE standard specification.
Topics we will discuss during the webinar include:
- What are the new use cases and devices driving demand for PoE? How big is that market?
- How different are the requirements for new PoE devices from traditional PoE devices (WiFi APs and IP desk Phones)?
- How are traditional PoE Devices that support new features changing the PoE specifications?
- What is new with the IEEE 802.3bt standard?
In addition to myself, the webinar panelists will include:
- Chad Jones, Chair, IEEE P802.3bt, 4PP0E Task Force, Tech lead at Cisco Systems
- David Tremblay, Chair, PoE Subcommittee, Ethernet Alliance, System Architect at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
The webinar is set to air live at:
- Wednesday, June 26, 10am to 11am Pacific Time or 1pm to 2pm Eastern Time
To register for the webinar, please click here.